Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No Running Again!!!

Well I haven't run in 3 days. Monday was a scheduled day off.
Yesterday it snowed so took off. Today I shoveled the drive
ways for 1 1/2 hours and was too tired to go run. The roads
are so bad I don't think I could have run anyways. Maybe
tomorrow I will run. If I do it will be treadmill. The temp.
is dropping big time and it's windy.

The weather is just awful. I couldn't drive to work today
so I had a co worker pick me up. He has 4 wheel drive so he
had no problem. My driveway had snow drifts of 2-3 feet.
Plus my street was unploughed. I should be okay tomorrow
morning the street is plowed and I shoveled out. My neighbor
actually did most of it for me but his snow blower broke down
so had to hand shovel the rest. It was the section down by the
street where the snow plow came by and blocked it in. Very
heavy snow. It was a good work out for sure. Got the heart
rate way up.

3 comments:

nwgdc said...

Didn't make it out to Reforestation, although the seminar DID get out early, so I might have had time. Instead, I had to hurry back home to make a family function.
I hear you on the snow! I absolutely HATE treadmill running. Hate it. I ran outside last night and tonight for a bit, and it was pleasant, but once the bone-chilling wind settles in, it gets really rough. I didn't run a step on a treadmill last year...pretty sure I'm going to strap myself to it this time around.

Lucho said...

Rest is a good thing. Very rarely do we Type-A athletes train too little. Horrible weather can be the hand that gently pulls us back from the edge. And one thing I have found to be very true is that the stress of missing a workout is more detrimental to our health than missing the workout. It's best to just let it go and forget the things we can't control.

Brad Poppele said...

Good point Tim. I think rest has been a good thing for me. I see you have experienced some of the same issues recently with your weather. Your right we can't control it so just let it go.