Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ute Pass Trail, LRR, Barr Trail

12 Miles 1:54:48
8:00 am) 40's - 50's Sunny! It was Awesome!
Today was an interesting run. I felt pretty good for the most
part. I was running with some very talented runners I was out
of my league really but tried to hang with them. I would get
dropped on the hills then catch back up on the downs. Once
we hit Longs Ranch Road I knew I would be dropped for good.
These guys ran the whole way up to the top of the road.
I was not strong enough to run it all so I had to resort to
power hiking. Funny thing though I would keep them in eye
sight even with me hiking and them running. I guess it says
something about my hiking ability. Once we reached the top
I was able to catch back up with them and ran down Barr
trail with them.

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Nice run Brad! Can hardly imagine you being out of any "league". Several ultra runners we know diligently practice their hiking, and often pass people who are "running" the steeps all the while using less energy.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve!
Believe me I was out of my league with the guys I was running with or tried to run with. Was fun trying though.