Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pikes Peak Greenway (South)



15 Miles 1:45:24 7:01 average per mile
7:30 am) Sunny! Nice!
Wanted to run longer and flat so no better place than the
Pikes Peak Greenway. I parked at the Monument Valley Park.
This is very close to my apartment less than 2 miles.
I carried 2 water bottles so I would stay hydrated but had
no gels only a fun size fast break that I ate at the half
way point. I felt good for the most part. My legs felt a
bit heavy from the higher mileage this week. Even so I ran
very consistent. My slowest mile was mile one at 7:17 and
my fastest was 6:54 which I hit a few times. I'm very happy
with this run. This is not much slower than I would have
run in Wisconsin. The only thing in Wisconsin 7:01 average
would have felt easier.
65 Miles on the week! This is by far the most I have run
in Colorado.
Picture above are from my balcony at my apartment. The other
picture is from the entrance to my apartments. These deer are
very tame. They have apple trees here and they are eating
them quite often.

No comments: