Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pikes Peak Greenway

15 Miles 1:37:28 6:30 average per mile
9:00 am) 30's cloudy
Today was a mid distance long run. Goal was to run it harder than
my 20 mile runs. So I wore my light weight shoes and hammered
it. Only problem was my legs were a bit fatigued from the start.
I ran hard previous 2 days so that was taking effect. I started
with 6:32 first mile and was already winded not a good sign. I
struggled pretty bad for first 4 miles before getting in a better
groove. Run was hard but mentally I was strong today only thing
to keep me from giving in and slowing. Pace was very consistent
even on the 7.5 miles back that are slightly uphill. Knee was
still a bit achy today. Hope that clears up before Little Rock.
6:32,6:28,6:25,6:23,6:23,6:31,6:32,6:30,6:39,6:32,6:30,6:33,
6:31,6:30,6:30

b/st5/146

3 comments:

GZ said...

Okay, so is your current approach that you nail 6:30s or so four days a week, take a day off, and hit the eliptical the other two days of the week?

You seem pretty damn fast lately.

HappyTrails said...

What George said...

Good running brad - have fun on the wind tunnel course Saturday - easy on that snow, though! I think LR is more important than the WS #3...

Brad Poppele said...

GZ, I don't plan out my weeks in advance just a week out if that. I have though been taking at least 1 day off a week and 1-2 days elliptical. By doing this I'm able to run my runs fairly hard.

Steve, You are correct I will take it easy Saturday on the snow. I can't risk it as LR is much more important.