Saturday, February 11, 2012

Winter Series III Short Series


5 Miles 32:02 6:23 average per mile
7th Overall 1st Age 40-44
10:00 am) teens, snowing and windy
Didn't really want to race today as the conditions were far from
ideal. I had a good race and was happy with my last 2 miles
especially. The course was an out and back. The 2.5 miles out had
a tailwind and a headwind coming back. I was in 9th or 10 at the
turnaround. I was just behind 2 other runners. I drafted them for
a few minutes then decided it was time to push a bit harder so
made a pass. Glad I did the race today even if it was brutal. My
hands were frozen for a long time afterwards. Hope the weather
warms up soon!
Splits 6:16,6:30,6:40,6:22,6:08

Shoes Brook Pure Grit

3 comments:

HappyTrails said...

You deserve a medal - those were brutal conditions!!! Nice race Brad - time to get ready for LR!

Craig Hilton said...

It was tough out there this am, glad it is done and you did well, good job as always.
Craig

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve & Craig!
It was brutal conditions but was a memorable day for sure!