Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pikes Peak Summit



7 Miles Total
8:50 am)40's Windy at the top. Sunny!
Got a ride from Mike to the summit. Angela also went up with us.
She wanted to run all the way down to Manitou Springs for her
Marathon training.
I did 2 miles down with Mike then 2 miles up. Then did 1.5 miles
down and back up. So a total of 7 miles.
My 2 miles up were 14:47 and 16:27.
My 1.5 miles up were 15:47 and 17:47 pace for half mile
Like last time my 1st set is always faster. I ran around 1:20
per mile slower on second set.
Thursday I plan on running from Memorial Park to Barr Camp or
Bottomless Pit sign.

B/TB/198

2 comments:

Craig Hilton said...

Nice job Brad, I'm hoping to maybe get to the Summit in a couple of weeks - to "start" training.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Craig! I hope you can get up there soon. It's coming up fast!