Sunday, July 24, 2011

Black Forest Regional Park

Cathedral Pines Loop 4.6 Miles x 2 9.2 Total Miles
1:14:55 8:09 average per mile
Elevation Gain: 780 ft
Elevation Loss: 784 ft
Min Elevation: 7,240 ft
Max Elevation: 7,569 ft
2:00 pm) Warm & Humid!
Ran with Randy from Virginia today. He was doing 4 loops. I
joined him on his 3rd loop. This loop was tough! Lots of
rolling hills. Hardly a flat spot on the loop. My Garmin says
only 784 ft of elevation gain well it felt like more than that.
Plus it was very warm today and that made it even harder.
I loved this loop and will run this again soon. It's like a
secret running spot. Didn't see any other runners on this loop.
Randy has run it 3 times now and he has not seen any runners on
the other runs either. Along the loop it's pretty cool you see
all these million dollar homes. I want to live there! Will take
pictures next time. Lots of pine trees along the trail which is
nice on a hot sunny day.

B/TB/191

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

That is a great park Brad - it is sort of like running a condensed version of Mueller State Park. And yes, there is no flat :) (Stay away in the winter though - all ice covered!!)

Craig Hilton said...

My family and I drove through there bout 1:30 pm today in the rain - it is pretty. Looks like about a 1/2 dozen new homes built built, good sign for the economy I guess