Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Garden of the Gods

8 miles 54:41 6:50 average per mile
12:00 pm) 50's sunny!
Elevation gain 846
Back to hitting the roads again. I have focused on trail
running past few months. It's time to start training
on the pavement again to prepare for Little Rock Marathon
March 3, 2013. Today was 8 miles in the Garden and I could
feel the effects of the pounding on my body. I was happy
with the run as my goal was 6:50 average and I hit it on
the nose. Not sure what I'm going to do about trail
running I might still do some but in order to do well at
a road marathon I need to focus on road running. Also
I need speed work whether it be tempo, treadmill, or
track work. I think in order to run a fast marathon one
needs the speed and it will translate to the marathon.
The faster I can run at the short stuff it will make
marathon pace feel easier and my stride length will be
longer and more efficient. I look forward to the next
11 weeks of training. I will be shooting for a PR!!!
I have a time goal in mind but it's not concrete.
I'm thinking if all goes well and I stay healthy a
2:39 goal is realistic.

b/a12/240

No comments: