Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gold's Gym

8 Miles 53:44 6:43 average per mile
6:00 p.m.

Felt really good. I have been doing 8 mile runs on the treadmill
for a while now and have not been able to run under 7:00 minute
mile average. Tonight I was able to go quite a bit under 7's.
I ran first 5 minutes at 7.5 then went up to 9.0 and just left
it there. It was hard but not as hard as it used to be. I'm
finally getting in treadmill shape.

My injury (groin) is still sore but felt better than it did on
Tuesday's run. I'm glad I took off yesterday. Train smarter not
harder right?

3 comments:

GZ said...

haha! Mill loving brother!

Brad Poppele said...

GZ, I'm starting to like the mill. I think it's making me a better runner. As far as loving it not yet. I do think it has a place in my training though.

GZ said...

yeah ... its a tool when things outside can be too treacherous (icy, windy). Not sure what the workouts mean except when compared to other mill workouts.