Thursday, August 21, 2008

Running Thoughts

I have been doing a lot of reflecting the last couple days on my
run at the Pikes Peak Marathon. I am happy with my race and loved
visiting Colorado. However I am never satisfied it seems. I want
to do better. I know I can. Therefore I think I have decided I will
do it again. I would like to be in better shape next year and run
most of the climb up the mountain and only walk occasionally. Unlike
this year walked most of the climb and ran occasionally. I need to
prevent getting blisters so I can fly on the downhill. If I can
do this I can run this Marathon in 4:30 or better.
I have not run since Sunday and plan on waiting till this Sunday
to give it a go. My blister on my heel is getting much better.
My calves are still sore but also much better. I plan on getting
back into running slowly and gradually building the mileage back.

1 comment:

GZ said...

now that is what I am talking about.