Thursday, August 28, 2008

Diet & Goals

I have decided it's time I finally start eating better.
I am going to start buying healthier foods and start
cooking more. I believe not only will this be healthier
for me but improve my running. I plan on starting after
the Labor Day holiday. I will have to go shopping this
weekend before I start because I don't have any healthy
foods on hand.
I have been very motivated lately to go out and run
but have held back and listened to body as it recovers
from the marathon. I am going to pick the miles back up
starting Monday and I can't wait. I also have set my goals
high. I want to work on building my mileage, adding speed
work, core strengthening exercises and of course the diet
thing. I'm going out on a limb and state I am going for a
2:40 marathon in the spring. I don't know if that is too
aggressive of a goal but I like to set my goals high.
Without goals I do not push myself to my full potential.
I am still trying to see what that is. I hope to keep
improving into my early 40's.

No comments: