Sunday, January 15, 2012

Winter Series Race #1 Cheyenne Mountain State Park

3.3 Miles 21:05
11th Overall 2nd Age (40-44)
10:00 am) 50's Sunny!
Was hoping to run a better race. I didn't start out good and my
breathing was very labored from the start. My hamstring was a
big concern but felt decent during the warm up. As soon as the
race started I tried to sprint at the start and could feel
the soreness in my hammy. It wasn't bad so I didn't let up.
After a couple miles of slipping here and there on ice and snow
my hammy finally got aggravated and made last mile painful to
run. Looking back I should not have done this race. I knew it
was risky and it wasn't worth it.
I took today off hoping some rest will do it good. Will try a
run tomorrow to evaluate the situation.

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Bummer on the gimpy leg Brad - sure hope you can get that figured out soon! Of course, 11th and 2nd AG is not real shabby on a hampered hammy!! Get some rest and heal that up quick.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve!
Yes I hope I can get back to normal
soon and for sure by March 4th.