Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kaukauna 5k

3.1 Miles 17:52 5:45 average per mile
9th Overall out of 1218 2nd in age group 35-39
8:00 am) warm & windy
Not my best race for sure. I made a huge mistake from the
start. I didn't get a good starting position and was
immediately way off the lead pack from the start. I had
to use a lot of energy to try and get around slower runners.
I hit mile 1 in 5:50 much slower than anticipated and I
was already winded. I just struggled the rest of the way
to try and hold on. I did pass runners the entire run
and was not passed by anyone.
Time to rest up for my 50 mile ultra Saturday. I will do
very little this week I want to be as fresh as possible for
this race. It's going to be a tough one with my lack of long
runs and not doing any serious hill running.

35.75 miles for the week.

2 comments:

GZ said...

Happy 4th.

Bummer on this race, but learning experience. And 5ks, well, they are fun, but really are not a huge indicator for those bigger climbs.

Kick butt in the 50.

Brad Poppele said...

I agree learning experience for sure. Not sure I agree as far as being fun. It hurt! I will do my best at the 50 hopefully it will be a good race for me.