Thursday, October 20, 2011

Waldo Canyon

7 Miles 55:55 *PR*
11:00 am) 60's Sunny! Awesome weather!
I had not run here in 5 weeks and was looking forward to today's
run. Also I had not run here in my new Brooks Pure Grit shoes
so I was curious how they would work on this trail. Well they
worked great. My best time here was 56:23. I took off 28 seconds
today very happy! I took off yesterday to recover from my hard
12 mile tempo run on Tuesday. I'm at the point where I think
days off are good for me and no longer feel I have to run
everyday. If I miss a day or two a week no big deal. I'm not
chasing miles anymore. In fact I have not even been keeping
track anymore. My only goal at this point for my upcoming
marathon is to get like 3 good workouts in during the week the
other days are whatever I feel like doing if anything at all.

B/PG/69

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Nice PR Brad - I think that is out of reach but cool to think about. I am intrigued by the new shoes...

And that run from Tuesday was sweet - just catching up on some reading :)

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve, I'm really liking the new shoes. Expensive though $100.