Friday, October 14, 2011

Mueller State Park, Divide, Colorado













8 Miles 8:57 average per mile
1:45 pm) sunny cool 50's
Been wanting to run here for months so finally decided to get
to this park before winter hits. I had plans on running more
than 8 miles but due to me stopping often and being at higher
altitude made me feel more tired. Plus the trails I ran on
had some steep climbs. I had to hike on several occasions.
I took many pictures. The colors were pretty today I think
a week or so past prime though.
Lots of trails at this park I would like to get back this
year and runs some more of them. Only problem with this
park being at over 9,000 ft snow falls here sooner than
the Springs. If not I will be back this coming spring for sure.

B/PG/56

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

We have some sights set on getting in more of the trails there one of these days - that is just a great park! But some of those climbs are STEEP. Have fun - great running weather on tap this weekend.

Brad Poppele said...

Steve, Yes it's a nice park for sure! Not a place to try to run fast! I'm loving this weather while it last.