Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cheyenne Mountain State Park

10.25 Miles 1:30:00 8:47 average per mile
8:00 am) cool & sunny
Ran here for the first time today. I have wanted to run here
for a long time now but never got around to it. Plus the $7.
daily use fee makes it less appealing to me. So many good
trails here I can run for free! I wanted to run here today
though as I'm racing here on Saturday and wanted to get some
feel of the course and terrain. I ran today with Dan Vega
he knew some of the trails so I was glad he joined me. Plus
I always enjoy having company when out running.
Wore my new shoes Brook Pure Grit today. I really am liking
them. I'm going to use them Saturday hopefully they will be
okay for 26.2 miles.
The trails are really nice at this state park well groomed.
It will be a challenging marathon as it's far from a easy
course lots of climbing and lots of turns. Not sure what
time I can run I'm not going to worry about it. Last year
the winning time was 3:30. Probably a solid time considering
the course and altitude.

B/PG/16

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

You will most likely REALLY enjoy the trails there once you have been on them a few times. We always like running there, especially fall and early winter when their trails are in good shape from the mild weather on that end of town. Good luck out there!

Ward said...

Good luck stud!