Tuesday, September 20, 2011

St Mary Falls

9.10 Miles 1:35:50 10:32 average per mile
7:00 am) Sunny & Chilly
2476 elevation gain
Met up with Dan Vega at Gold Camp parking lot. Dan took me on
one of his runs that he does. I had never run it before and didn't
know what I was getting myself into. Well it started out okay
no problem then it got steep. I was having a hard time keeping
up with Dan. Eventually I just couldn't keep up with him. I was
reduced to power hiking. Even the power hiking was hard. Dan
just kept on running he didn't walk a step of the run. He is
a great climber! Once we reached the top we turned around and
ran it back down. Thank goodness for the downhill!
I will need to do this run some more. I want to eventually stay
with Dan on this. Was my first time running with Dan I hope to
get to run with him more in the future. I always like running
with someone better than myself it makes me a better runner.

B/TB/115

1 comment:

HappyTrails said...

Man - you get a hard route like that, and then have to follow a mountain goat like Dan Vega - ouch! Now go rest those legs and rip it up on Sunday!