Saturday, September 3, 2011

19th St & Mesa Rd.

5 Miles 35:38 7:07 average per mile
10:20 am) Breezy and Cool!
Almost felt cold on this run. I guess I'm used to the hot weather.
This cool blast is a bit of a shock to the system. I took off
yesterday due to not feeling energized. Today I felt pretty
good once I got going.
Signed up for a marathon on Monday. Not sure what to expect.
I have done zero track work and have been running on hilly trails.
This race is flat basically on the Santa Fe trail & Pikes Peak
Greenway in Colorado Springs. Not really worried about my time
as this will be my last long run going into my 50k race Sept. 25.
Looking at past results I still should place well if I run decent.
I usually go into a race with a goal or a certain pace I would
like to run not this time. I'm going strictly by feel.

B/a11r/260

2 comments:

Craig Hilton said...

Good luck tomorrow Brad, I ran it last year. First half from Palmer Lake through the Academy is nice - peaceful and pretty too. Is almost all (slightly) downhill with I think 3 uphill sections and is all dirt / crushed rock path. You probably know the last 1/2 is mostly concrete. Aid stations / support are good. Have fun and enjoy. Craig

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Craig! Should be a fun time!