Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bear Chase 50k Trail Run


31 Miles 4:05:42 7:55 average per mile
4th Overall
Well a good race not quite what I hoped for. I hoped to break
4 hours today. I was well on my way to doing that until the
last 12.5 loop. I went from a 1:32:53 loop to a 1:48:22.
Several reasons why my last loop was over 15 minutes slower.
I ran second loop too fast. My hamstring cramped after 3rd
creek crossing. Was able to work it out but slowed me down
and finally for the first time in my running career I got sick.
I was in 4th going into the last loop so I feel very fortunate
to not lose any positions.
My time was over 11 minutes faster than last year so that's
a pretty good improvement. This also is a PR for me in the
50K distance. The finisher medal is Awesome! It's large and
heavy. I highly recommend this race to anyone!

4 comments:

HappyTrails said...

That is a great time Brad! It had to have been quite hot out there for those last two laps - hard to believe this weather. Fantastic job on the PR, too! Recover well this week - still plenty of great fall running to go this year :)

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve, It was kind of warm this year. I'm just glad I was not doing the 50 mile race. It got really hot for them.

Craig Hilton said...

Nice Brad, great effort and kudos on the PR, 4th place - a result to be proud of.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Craig! I'm very proud of my 4th place finish! Last year I was second but this year the field was more talented. Do this race next year!