Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pikes Peak Summit

4.25 Miles Total
8:00 am) 40's Sunny
Went up with Sean O'Day. Had a nice chilly ride up. We went in
Sean's Jeep. No doors or top! We ran into Randy T. at the top
and he joined us for the workout. It was a short workout but
intense. We went down a mile then back up then did it a second
time. I didn't time myself going down just up.
My first mile up was a 15:59. Sean and Randy both smoked me!
They were both in the low 14's!!!
My second mile up was a 15:44. Again Sean and Randy smoked me!
Happy to run second one faster than the first.
On race day I will be lucky to run this mile in 18 minutes.

B/TB/262

2 comments:

Craig Hilton said...

On race day I'll be lucky to be able to count to 18

Brad Poppele said...

Yes above treeline it's hard to think straight. I just stop thinking!
Sign says 16 Golden Stairs well I don't even bother to try to count to 16.