Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Manitou Incline & Barr Trail

5.85 Miles Total
1 Mile Incline 24:21 *PR*
9:15 am) cloudy, cool & humid 85%
Did not expect to have a PR today on the Incline. Would have
been happy to break 25. Was very cool upper 50's but it was
humid! I have been trying to do a little more running on the
Incline than in the past. I used to basically power hike the
whole thing. I'm getting stronger and can find a few spots
to actually run briefly. I think my time can get faster
as I get even stronger. A year ago when I did it for the
first time my time was 32:41! I have made huge gains in a
year. Don't expect to improve that much in the next year.
Maybe I can get in the 22 range or better this time next year.
Looked up my bib # for PPM I'm #125. I wish it would have been
just 25 instead of 125. The reason being this will be my 25th
marathon. Still kind of neat though.

B/TB/258

3 comments:

Craig Hilton said...

Um, a PR on a taper? Wow, Great job today.

Mountain Way said...

Nice effort. Looks like your in great shape for PPM.

I will be down in C Springs early next week for about a week. Been in boulder and Estes park for the last week and lovin the trails here. Look forward to exploring the network in manitou and springs. I'll be cheering for u on race day.

Adam

Brad Poppele said...

Hi Adam, Good to hear from you. Glad to hear your enjoying some of the awesome trails here. I think you will really like Colorado Springs!
Maybe see you on race day. I will be bib #125.