Friday, August 13, 2010

Manitou Incline & Barr Trail







4 Miles Total 1:00:35
1 Miles Incline 32:41
3 Miles Down Barr Trail 27:44
10:30 am) Sunny!
Been wanting to try the incline and finally had a chance to
do it today. It is way harder than I expected. I started
out running for the first minute or so but quickly realized
this was not going to work. So I hiked the rest of it.
It was very steep in some sections my legs were burning.
When I finally made it to the top I decided no way was I
going back down that. I found a trail that hooked back up
with Barr trail and ran down that. Smart decision on my part.
This was a great workout and I will do it again. I guess I
don't need a stair stepper I have one a short drive from
my apartment.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, that looks super tough. Nice pictures on your last few posts. Thanks. I hope you are doing well.

nwgdc said...

I've always heard that the trail is actually closed and private property. Is that true? Is it simply not enforced at all?

Brad Poppele said...

Alicia, I'm doing good. Having fun exploring all the new trails!
Nic, You're correct. It's closed and private property but not enforced. Hopefully they never enforce it. It's a Great workout!