Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hill Repeats

7.10 Miles 48:41 6:52 average per mile
10:15 am) cold 30's Sunny
Did something I have not done since March 26th. Hill Repeats!
I did a 2 mile warm up followed by 4 X 20 second strides.
Then I ran up 17th St. it's not steep but has a gradual incline.
I did 6 X 2:00. After each one I would jog back down for
recovery then repeat. After each one of these I was getting
to the same spot so I figure I ran them all at about the same
pace. On the 6th one I pushed harder and finished about 10
yards further down the road. This was a very effective
workout. Want to do it 2 more time before the marathon.
Quads are a bit sore from yesterdays run. I guess that's good
though. Easy day tomorrow then last long run on Friday.

B/a11/50

2 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Hill repeats and 6:xx average pace are not supposed to coexist!

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve for the nice comments. I was a bit surprised I was under 7:00 pace for this as well. Last time my overall average was closer to 8:00 average. I guess I'm getting in shape.