Monday, November 7, 2011

Canya Canyon 6K

4.04 Miles 33:54 8:24 average per mile
3rd Overall
Mile 1 7:35
Mile 2 10:39
Mile 3 7:50
Mile 4 7:40
Last minute decision on this race. I worked the night before
the race so I was a bit tired going into this race. My
schedule was for a shorter faster run so this worked out
good.
Mile 2 was extremely hard! I had to even do some power walking
due to me red lining early into the race. I recovered pretty
well for mile 3 & 4. I was 4th place until the last mile
when I made a pass going up hill. Was a risky move but was
able to hold on for 3rd. I was pretty far back from top
2 runners so even if I was fresh I would have been 3rd.
Top runner Peter Maksimow broke 30:00 (29:47) for a course
record. That guy is in shape!!!
7 Miles on the day.

B/PG/74

2 comments:

Craig Hilton said...

Nice job Brad - tough course.

HappyTrails said...

Awesome Brad - that one takes your breath away for sure!!