Thursday, November 24, 2011

Briargate YMCA 5k


3.1 Miles 18:08 5:51 average per mile
27 out of 2422 3rd Age Group (40-44)
Sunny & Warm 50's
Pretty happy with my race today. I had no real goal as I was
exhausted before the race even started. Last night I worked
very hard and didn't get off till almost 8:00. Race started
at 9:00. First half mile I was sluggish hard to get the legs
moving. After a half mile I got into a better grove and
started to pass all the people that flew by me. From this
point on no one passed me and I passed runners the rest
of the race.
The weather was perfect today! I could not have asked for
better. This is a fun race. They had over 2800 runners.
The Course is not flat it has some rolling hills. I actually
liked the hills today though as I would gain ground on the
other runners every time I hit one. I guess all the training
on hills this past summer is paying off.
Last year I was 30th Place 5th Age Group. I averaged 6:08 per
mile compared to 5:51 this year. So I am getting faster.
Picture above looks like I have no arms! I can assure you
I do have arms.

B/ST5/37

7 comments:

HappyTrails said...

Great race Brad! Happy Thanksgiving too!

GZ said...

15 seconds a mile ... a few years of that and ... !!!

GZ said...

15 seconds a mile ... a few years of that and ... !!!

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve, Happy Thanksgiving to you!

GZ, Yes if I can keep improving I'm happy.

HappyTrails said...

And I'll take the 6:08 pace for me if you wanted to give it away... :))

Craig Hilton said...

Nice job Brad on Thursday (and the last long run before the Marathon) - hope you taper well and it all comes together in a couple of weeks.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Craig! Sorry I missed you at the turkey trot. Too many people. Was a great day for the run.
Enjoy the rest of your visit in PA.