Wednesday, March 18, 2009

West De Pere Track & Fox River Trail

13 Miles total 1:30:00
3:20 pm) 50 degrees sunny & windy
I did some track work today first time in years. I did
5 X 800's. I warmed up for a mile then started.
This is the results:
2:42, 2:43, 2:45, 2:43 and 2:39.
I would rest for about 2 minutes after each one.
I was happy with this as it was my first week doing these and
it was very windy. The wind was blowing around 20 mph with gust
even higher. According to Bart Yasso your 800's can be a guide
as to what you might run a marathon. So according to this I might
be able to run around a 2:45 marathon. That would be awesome.
But I only did 5 of these and I think he says to do up to 10 of
these. I will try to add one more set each time I do these and
build up to 10.
I ran a mile home then changed my shoes. I then went out and did
an additional 8.5 miles for a total of 13 for the day. This was very
hard workout for me. I think the wind wore me out more than anything.
Easy run tomorrow.

No comments: