Saturday, May 5, 2012

Greenland 50k

3:58:04 5th Overall 2nd Master
7:00 am) Warm & Breezy
50k PR by 7 minutes. Good race but not what I was hoping for. My
goal was around 3:38 so 20 minutes off. I think the heat and sun was
a big factor to me running slower than I anticipated. I lost a lot of time
on the 4th loop.I had some very slow miles and walked most of the hills.
My acl has been sore past 2 weeks but I can't say that really had any
impact on my race. My focus now will shift to a fast 10 mile run at the
Garden of the Gods in June. 

b/asr2/50

5 comments:

Ward said...

Beast! Great race Brad!

HappyTrails said...

Awesome race Brad - congrats on the PR! Maybe not your A goal, but a fantastic time!

BTW, got a few pics of you finishing if you want me to send them over.

Jim P. said...

Nice run on a hot day!

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Guys!
Steve, Yes can you send me those pics. My e-mail is bpoppele@gmail.com
Thanks for sticking around yesterday after your race to see me finish.

Craig Hilton said...

Great run Brad on a toasty day. I'm sure the heat took it's toll - but way to hang in there and PR. Craig