Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pikes Peak Greenway & Colorado College Track

14 Miles 1:28:39 6:20 average per mile
10:00 am) upper 40's low 50's Sunny! Great Weather!
Was not sure what to expect today as the last few days have not
been great. I recovered slower than normal from the race on
Saturday. So today was my long run not really that long but
long run for the week. I'm in taper mode so the mileage is
coming down. Only 17 days till the marathon. Coach said to run
the first 6 miles easy and relaxed. Well I ran the first 2 easy
then my legs felt great and let it roll from that point on.
Miles 8-14 I did on the track. I was to do a mile then 400
recovery and so on for 4 reps. Then I did 4 800's with 400
recoveries. My coach gave me a time to try to hit plus or minus
and I was under on all of them. This run was probably my best
run since starting my marathon training back in January. I'm
starting to believe that 2:40 is in my grasp.

B/st5/38

No comments: