Wednesday, October 28, 2009

UWGB Trail

4.75 Miles 40:45
5:30 pm) 50's nice
Ran with Rick. Feeling pretty good. My quads are still sore but getting
better. Overall I feel much better than I thought I would after running
50 miles. I plan on taking it easy for a few more days. Next week I will
start back at it.
My next race will probably be Houston Marathon Jan. 17, 2010. I will
do a few others before then but just short ones. Next weekend I might
do a trail race it's 10 miles. I will wait and see if I feel good enough to
do it. I'm excited to do another ultra. Not many to pick from around
here in the winter though. I for sure plan on doing Ice Age 50 mile
trail run May 2010.

b/asr6/194

5 comments:

Lucho said...

Leadville? You can come out next summer and do a training camp with me.

Brad Poppele said...

Tim, I hope to run Leadville 2011? I plan on moving to Colorado by August 1, 2010. I figure after a year of living in Colorado I would be ready to give it a try.
I hope you have a training camp for 2011. I would really enjoy running with you. I just hope I could keep up.
I'm excited about your new adventures. I think you will set the course record at the 50 miler.

Lucho said...

Where are you moving too?

Brad Poppele said...

Not sure. Probably in the Denver area. Any suggestions? I would like to be close to the trails and mountains.

Lucho said...

The house that we bought (not sure if you want to buy) is up Coal Creek on Highway 72. My wife works in Arvada and her commute is just 20:00 with little traffic. The house prices are cheap up here, about 1/2 of Boulder and less than Denver. Lafayette or Louisville IMO is close to the ideal. Small towns with tons of trails (not single track, groomed cinder). Close to Boulder (7 miles) and Denver. Lafayette is quite affordable too. Condos in the $110k range.