Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon

2:56:49 26.2 6:45 average per mile
7:30 am) upper 30's at start sunny
43rd overall 2nd in age division.
No PR today. I felt good for the first 15 miles. At half
way I was 1:23:03 right where I wanted to be. By mile 18
my pace fell of drastically. At mile 15 I felt my hip lower
back area act up. This definitely affected my stride. I
fought through it but it slowed me. I struggled to run
7:30's from mile 18 on. I'm disappointed with this outcome
but it is what it is.
When I finished I was in bad shape. I couldn't stand. I
got stiff very fast. I laid down and when I tried to get
up and walk I couldn't. I finally walked baby steps back
to the car. I got home showered and iced the area. It is
much better now. I still have a problem walking though.
I have been taking IBUPROFEN and it seems to work. Tomorrow
should be a fun day at work not. Looks like I will take a
few days off from running. I need it anyway.
On other news my mom did her first ever 5k today. She did great.
My niece also did the 5k and did well also. My brother finished
the marathon even though he should not even be running. He has
a torn meniscus and needs to be operated on. So lots of family
participated today and it was a good day.

2 comments:

GZ said...

The marathon is a tough mistress ... and mechanics are huge. Sorry to hear about your tough day. If it is any consolidation - consider how you would have felt about this run say 10 years ago.

Brad Poppele said...

Your right 2 years ago I would have been super happy with these results.