Thursday, April 17, 2014

Centennial

4.2 miles
3:45 pm) 50's
Short workout as I'm racing Saturday morning. Did 2 miles at a hard effort.
5:51 and 6:01. This was into some wind so it was pretty difficult.
My race this weekend is in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Will be my first time in
New Mexico. Excited to see Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
Will be racing the Shiprock Marathon in 2 weeks and it's also in New Mexico.
Goal for this race is to PR. My PR is from 2009. I have not run many half marathons
since then so I think I'm due. My PR is 1:19:XX. I'm shooting for 1:18. Race is
at 5,000 ft but is very flat. My PR is at sea level so a PR would be
pretty sweet at altitude.

a/ds9/21

2 comments:

GZ said...

Oh you so are due for that. Make those teeth sweat for the last 5 miles.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks GZ! That's the plan. Weather looks ideal for a fast race.