Sunday, March 8, 2015

Albany Marathon Albany, Georgia

26.2 miles 2:42:54 6:13 average per mile
10th Overall 1st Master
2nd Fastest marathon out of 40. Fastest was 2:42:32 in 2011
1:20:43 half marathon split. Second half 1:22:11
Slowest mile was 6:36 mile 24.
Mile 23 was my second slowest 6:30.
These 2 miles cost me any shot of a pr.
7:00 am) 36 degrees sunny
Leading up to this marathon I knew I was fit and ready but unfortunately
I got the flu 10 days out and I was and still am suffering some of the
symptoms. Not sure how much this effected my race but pretty sure
it cost me a PR. I am very happy to run as well as I did. I did very
low mileage for this marathon but did more of the non running little
things and ate much healthier.  I have another marathon in May so
if I can get healthy and at least maintain what I have I think I have
a great shot at finally PR'ing.
The Albany marathon is a great race. I loved the course gentle rolling
hills, tree lined roads and well organized.

No comments: