Sunday, June 8, 2014

Garden of the Gods 10 miler

10 miles 1:20:32 8:03 average per mile
7;00 am) 50's cloudy
HR 128 average 138 max
Thursday I strained my hamstring then Friday night a cold settled in. Woke up this
morning and felt terrible. I felt like I had a hangover. The cold medicine I took
yesterday was making me very tired. I wanted to just stay in bed. I finally got
up and I made my way to the race. I did a 2 mile warm up. It did not go well.
I decided not to race. I needed to get some miles in so figured I could just
jog the race. Well jogging this course when you don't feel good is not so easy.
My hamstring was also very tight. It was definitely a good decision not to race.
I was supposed to run 17 today but after the race I had nothing left in me.
So I ended the week with 49 miles instead of the 57 scheduled.
Hope to recover quick from this. Marathon is coming up soon.

s/g7/148

No comments: