Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sinton Trail & Pikes Peak Greenway

12 miles 1:23:46 7:00 average per mile
3:30 pm) 70 degrees and falling then back up.
What a crazy run today was. I was at 1.25 miles into my run and all of a sudden
it started to pour and hail. The hail was fairly large up to quarter size.
Lucky for me I was near some businesses. I got hit a few times by the hail and
it stung. I waited around for several minutes before it let up. I then headed
back out only for the the rain to start coming down again. Oh well I was wet
at this point so kept on running. After a couple more miles it came down
even harder. I needed to get out of the rain again. This time I found a
building with a over hang. I waited a few minutes then it let up again.
So back at it. Now it was just a drizzle so much better. The last 3 miles
of the run the clouds moved out and it was sunny. Was a good run as far
as learning to deal with less than ideal conditions.

b/a14/155

No comments: