Saturday, August 31, 2013

Long Run

6:05 33.40 miles 10:56 average per mile
Elevation gain 7304
6:00 am) warm and very humid
Ran with Justin for first 2:11. We ran UPT, LRR and down Barr trail.
Unfortunately Justin had a bad fall and banged up his knee. Otherwise
a good run and good company. Once back at Memorial Park I got my
supplies for the run ahead by myself. I thought I had enough hydration
but it was humid and I was drinking more than I planned on. I ended
up having to head back to the car sooner than planned. I ran out of
fluids at 5:15. I was able to get some water at a Subway in Manitou
Springs. At this point I was pretty dehydrated and knew I would have
to cut run a bit short. Plan was to get in 7 hours. Besides being
behind on hydration I just wasn't having a great run. I felt pretty
spent only 3 hours into the run. Lots of walking today.
From Memorial Park I ran back up Ruxton over to Intemann trail. I then
hit the Red Mountain trail and up to the top and back down. Back to
Intemann over to Section 16. I ran that loop and back on Intemann.
Down Ruxton and back to car at Memorial Park.

pi/114

4 comments:

HappyTrails said...

That is a stout run Brad - nice work! Might need a bigger hydration pack for the epic runs ;-)

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Steve! Yes I needed lots more fluids today. Don't even think a bigger pack would have been enough. I have never been so thirsty on a run. It was very humid early on and as the run went on it was just plain ol' hot!

Alicia said...

Impressive run Brad. Nice.

Brad Poppele said...

Thanks Alicia!