Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pikes Peak Ultra 50 miler

50 miles 9:23 2nd place
10,600 + vertical gain
Had a great day in the mountains. Very tough course with lots of climbing.
I was in 4th place for the early miles as I went out a little conservative,
knowing it was going to be a long day. I moved into second place just
after 20 miles where I stayed the rest of the day. This was a great event
put on by madmooseevents.com. Well organized, great course markings,
well stocked aid stations and friendly volunteers.
I'm still eating vegetarian. This was my first race as a vegetarian so I was
a bit nervous how it would effect my performance. I think my result
speaks for itself.
Wore Hoka Huakas for the entire 50 miles. Not really the best traction
shoes for technical trails but everything else about them rocks.

No comments: