Sunday, August 25, 2019

Hello I'm Back!

After a very long break I'm finally motivated to train and run again. Life has been busy with the purchase of a new home and a 8 month old puppy (Harvey). After running consistently for 14 years I guess I needed a physical and mental break. I have not raced since March of 2018 (New Orleans Marathon).
So what do I want to do? Run trails and get vertical. I have my eyes on some 2020 races. Races like Mt Evans Ascent, Imogene Pass, Pikes Peak Ascent. Probably some others too.
So I will start back very slowly, so no hurry. I have some thoughts that this time around I will train different than the past. I will use the treadmill more, do strength training and do floor exercises such as foam rolling, planks, push-ups and so on.
Tonight 3 dog jog miles on Rampart Range Road.

No comments: